Monday 22 September 2014

Assalamualaikum ~
Fellas, how you are doing?
Is everything fine?
What?
This is the worst day in your life?
Just.....take a deep breath, hold it and release....
Think for a second, you live today and there's absolutely a reason behind your live.
You cannot think?
Look up at the sky, there's Someone up there who's watching you, waiting for your duaa.
If you are in trouble, just ask for Him.
When the trouble goes away, don't forget to say Alhamdulillah~
Alright fellas?
Alhamdulillah if it helps you.
It helps me too :)

Alrighty......
I think I have left my blog soooooo looooong....
Another semester went away (Semester 5)
What's so special about this sem is; INTERNSHIP / INDUSTRIAL TRAINING !!!!!!!


First week at the agency.


Administrative works.


hahahaha ......
funny isn't it?
okay, stop if it's not. :/

For my industrial training, I chose KABOLUH AGRICULTURE RESEARCH STATION, 48 KM BY ROAD FROM MIRI. I repeat, MIRI.
It's not far from my campus but the journey took 4 hours .....

At the first place, I found out that my practical place is awesome ! It's related to research and there's must be sooooo much to learn. Whoaa ! Am sooo excited.
Yes, my first thought never go wrong. I learnt so much there.
Just feel a bit stress with the staffs or in other word; tak ngam. Sangat.

Many people ask me, what did you do during your industrial training?
Here's my answers.

During the first week, we've been invited to participate into some talks held by Department of Agriculture Sarawak. Input from the talk, let me conclude it, the problems faced by farmers nowadays and ways to overcome it. Which way, makes myself  bit understand the real field of agriculture. Some of the talks are :


Fertigation Talk. Introduction to the main apparatus. Fertigation (Fertilization + Irrigation)


Fresh water fish talk. Method for fish breeding.


OSHA talk. Related to security to ourselves.


Fasting month. Nifs Sya'ban talk. Slaughter chicken based on syari'ah of Islam. Halal oneee !!

 We were assigned to sections;


  1. Fisheries Section
  2. Short term plants
  3. Herbs and Medicinal plants Section
  4. Fruit Research Section
  5. Annual Crop Section
  6. Rubber Section
  7. Paya Selanyau (paddy experimental) Section
For each station, there's a guideline or schedule in working. For example, pest and disease control, introduction to herbs plant, manuring and fertilizing and many more.
We also had the opportunity to plants tapioca, which is under research, chili Tarat seeds processing, and rockmelon planting which is also under research. 
For the next entry, In Sha Allah I'll share with you about the steps of chili Tarat processing and others.
Ahh, not to forget, we also able to do marcotting and budding. It was such a great experience ! I'll share it too for the next entry, In Sha Allah.

Some of the university, do not have internship subject, some of them have. Some of the internship period, only took 2 months and 3 months. But for UPM, it took 6 months +- of internship period. We need to fill in log book everyday, full report and presentation. While for other university, I don't know, the syllabus may be different, they only need to submit full report and log book. Presentation is for degree students.
Well ....... hummmmm.... angkat bahu sikit.

Alright, never mind.


Went to paddy field and collecting golden apple snail. Main pest of paddy.


Cleaning store. Fertilizer and equipment store. Took one day to finish it. Hooo ! Tired !



The fish pond is just soo sweet. 'Bermanja' dengan kolam ikan sekejap. Harvesting fish and transferring fish from pond to tanks.



Disease control of durian tree. It has been attacked by cancer !


What's so special about UPM is that when you are under industrial training, you've got to think a special project that will be presented later. Other university, I don't know, doesn't have it.

Tittle : Quality Changes of Rockmelon Harvesred at Different Maturities.

That's my special project. What are we trying to find? What are the objectives?

Well....
The main objective of this project is to determine the correct harvesting condition of rockmelon. We keep it at zero days. The other one is to recommend the best harvesting fruit to the farmers for a better profit.
As you know, early harvesting of rockmelon will reduce its taste while harvesting at full maturity it doesn't have longer storage life.
Many consumers repeat the purchase of rockmelon due to lack of satisfaction of the fruit taste itself.
We, agriculturist not only supply food, but we also want to give the best out of the best food to the people.
Please say you are touched !


Research is in progress here.


My baby melon looks so cute. <3


Time to harvest. Whops ! Labeling is very important in research. Don't forget ya!


For the project, we have our own parameters to measure what's the best harvesting condition for the fruit.
Sorry, I cannot reveal it since it's private and confidential.

3 type of harvesting condition, no slip (the fruit do not leave the stem), half slip (break half) and full slip (fully separated from the stem) of fruit will be collected.

The result?
I'm afraid it is also private since it's the property of Department of Agriculture Sarawak.  The department will reveal it soon. Pray for it fellas. You also want to eat the best food right?

So, after 23 weeks of internship, finally, here I am. UPMKB tercintaku. Waiting for submitting my final report and presentation. Andddd I can't wait to attend M A K O S R A dinner. Well, my course is the one and only course that have industrial training at semester 5. Other course is Semester 6. By means, this sem is the last sem I'm with my friends from different course. :(

It's not 'Goodbye' fellas, it 'See you later'

Their expression when see me;

Aidaaaaaaaa, you are sooo bambam. You are soooo 'cute'. You've gained quite a weight, Aida.

It's okay. kihkihkih ~

And I think, being an agriculturist is not that bad. Wearing baju ladang is not that ugly and holding a hoe is attractive, you know.

I'm planning to continue my TESL study (since it's just a dream from the beginning) but, I think I'll go on with agriculture field. Are you not afraid of sunburn ? If you are afraid of sunburn, just stay at home la.

To those out there who think taking agriculture course at young age is suck, well I pity for you. Without agriculture, you'll starve to death !
And Rasulullah SAW once an agriculturist too :)

I am in Diploma in Agriculture course and I proud of it :)

Wassalam ~




No comments:

Post a Comment